This tutorial is about how to prevent background apps from running when Microsoft Edge is closed. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Stop Background Apps from Running When Microsoft Edge is Closed. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to prevent background apps from running when Microsoft Edge is closed
The new Microsoft Edge browser inherited the code base from the Chromium open source project and has better web compatibility and performance compared to the old Edge. Edge Browser is a cross-platform browser compatible with all Windows, macOS and Linux systems. If you’re currently using Edge and want to know how to disable the new feature that allows apps to continue running in the background, the steps below will show you how. By default, Microsoft Edge allows background apps and extensions to continue running in the background even after Microsoft Edge is closed. This can slow down computers in some cases.
In this scenario, background applications and the current browser session remain active, including all session cookies. If you want to free up valuable resources on your computer and extend your laptop’s battery life, you should turn off apps running in the background in Microsoft Edge. To disable background apps and extensions, open Microsoft Edge and click on the three horizontal dots ( . ) in the upper right corner of your screen, as shown in the image below.
Prevent Edge from running in the background
- To prevent it from running in the background, first start Microsoft Edge. Then click the Options button (three dots) and choose Settings from the menu.
- On the Settings page, click System in the left pane. On the System page, turn off the “Continue running apps in the background when Microsoft Edge is closed” switch.
- That’s all. Now when you close the browser, extensions and other services stop running in the background. Everything will end up working.
- If you haven’t used it yet, check out our article on installing Microsoft Edge. be sure to read our archive of Microsoft Edge articles. This is where you’ll find helpful tips, like how to install Google Chrome extensions, how to enable Edge tab previews, and more.
- The new Microsoft Edge is truly cross-platform with versions for Windows 7/8/10, macOS, Android and iOS, with a Linux version coming soon.
Final words: How to stop background apps from running when Microsoft Edge is closed
Hope you understand this article How to Stop Background Apps from Running When Microsoft Edge is Closed, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.