This tutorial is about how to pin/unpin apps and websites in Chromebook shelf. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Pin/Unpin Apps and Websites in Chromebook Shelf. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to pin/unpin apps and websites in Chromebook shelf
Chromebooks run Chrome OS, an enhanced version of the Chrome browser designed to increase productivity on Chromebooks and Chromeboxes. Like most mature desktop operating systems, Chromebooks offer the ability to pin shortcuts and apps to a so-called “tray” or area (usually) at the bottom of the screen. We’ll show you how to add or remove pinned apps from your Chromebook tray, so you can customize your shortcuts to suit your needs.
The Chromebook status bar is at the bottom of the screen by default. Like the Windows taskbar and Mac dock, it houses an app launcher and shortcuts to frequently used apps. You can also add shortcuts to websites on your Chromebook tablet. Follow these steps to add website shortcuts to your Chromebook status bar.
How to Pin/Unpin Apps and Websites on the Chromebook Shelf
- To get started, open Chrome and navigate to a website you want to pin to the taskbar. Then click on the options menu at the top right of the screen and navigate to More tools > Create shortcut.
- You will then be prompted to enter a shortcut name and click the “Create” button.
- The site icon will be added to the taskbar. To make it work as an application, right-click on the icon and choose the “New Window” option. Otherwise, it will simply open in a new Chrome browser tab, like any website. In fact, you might want to set the other default taskbar icons to also open in a separate window.
- That’s all! The site icon will appear in the taskbar and open in a separate window when you click on it, or tap if you have a touchscreen Chromebook. Then you can open multiple windows at the same time instead of multiple tabs in a single Chrome session.
- You can do several things to manage the windows, namely press the “overview (F5)” key on the keyboard. This will give you an experience similar to Task View (Alt+Tab) in Windows. It will show all of your currently open windows and apps, and you can click on the one you want to focus on.
- If you want to remove a shortcut from the taskbar, right-click it and choose “Unpin” from the menu.
Final Words: How to Pin/Unpin Apps and Websites in Chromebook Shelf
Hope you understand this article How to Pin/Unpin Apps and Websites in Chromebook Shelf, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.